Thursday, November 10, 2011

what a day!

I just had the most wonderful last week & it is just getting better! I must share & I must say: PRAISE THE LORD.

Patrick came to Seattle on Friday for the birthday weekend. We had a great dessert with my roommates, most of their boyfriends, and a seriously large sundae. We played catch phrase, the "family" game and giggled a lot. We walked around Lake Union (9 miles!), ate at Purple Cafe for dinner, Canlis for dessert, went to church, had a great brunch at 14 Carrots & did I mention we ate a lot?

Monday morning was my birthday and every year I have the same feeling: I don't want to get older, I don't know what I'm doing with my life, and can I just sit here and cry? Just me being honest here. However, I woke up Monday morning to Patrick having cooked breakfast and a giant present on the table. He got me a killer peacoat & Coldplay's CD & the sweetest card.

I went to Zumba with Amanda & Alexa, was blessed with some seriously beautiful flowers, shook my groove thang and came home to take a nap.

I awoke to soup & gorgeous flowers from Metropolitan Market from Missy. We dined together and contemplated this next part....

As many of you know (all 3 of you who read this), I interviewed for a position back in September that I was reeeeally hoping to get. I'm not going to school right now, so my 9 hours a week of nannying just wasn't gettin the job done. I never heard anything from said interview, so I applied to be a barista and have loved working a few espresso catering events to fill my time.

So, Monday as I woke up from my nap, I had a text from a friend to call the owner of said company. I called--voicemail. Went to work & had the best time with the two munchkins I nanny for. They made me the sweetest cards & I was given a starbucks card and an entertainment book: what a GREAT gift idea! While at their home....

Said boss from the interview called--HIRED. BAM. BOOM. 2 MONTHS LATER. HIRED. I jumped up and down. Seriously. Called the fab 4 (Patrick, Mom, Dad, Alex). I was overjoyed. More on this job on the next post.

Came home to the best dinner ever from the best roommates ever: pulled pork. They know me too well. Chatted on the phone, had dessert with the roommates, then we danced around our dining room table.

I felt so blessed on this 22nd birthday. I love you, dear family and friends.

No comments: