Friday, October 28, 2011

pre-adventure to the other adventure south

I just had the most wonderful four days & I must share..

To begin, drove down to Salem on Friday night with brother Alex & his girlfriend Alexa. Saturday morning was full of fall fun--pumpkin patch: hot cider, my first (really easy) corn maze, buying a white pumpkin and wearing flannel.

Alex & Alexa
 Patrick & myself

We hurried home, where I met one of my best friends & we drove to Corvallis to have our annual birthday date with the other member of our bff trio. It is such a treat to have friends to celebrate with year after year--I love that we were all born only two weeks a part from one another. Meant to be? yes.

Check out Molly's blog for pictures of us doing what we do best: eating pizza, drinking Starbucks lattés, painting pottery (they do this best, I just copy their ideas) and chatting 'til our hearts content. And by content, I mean it'll do until next time.

Following a wonderful day, I had a great dinner with the fam at a place I always crave going back to Salem: Best Little Roadhouse.

Patrick & I had some hot chocolate (me)  & cheesecake (him) at Konditori for over two hours. Perfect date night to end a really perfect day.

And this was all on Saturday! whew! Next post: wine country with my favorite mom.

No comments: