Friday, November 26, 2010

with thanksgiving I welcome Christmas!

We ate  a lot yesterday. To the point where I was dozing with my cousins during a game of Mexican Train and Pretty Woman just wasn't keeping me awake like it usually does. Luckily, dessert of pumpkin cake, marionberry pie, and pumpkin pie weren't far beyond dinner, so I was sugared up and ready to go for the rest of the night.

We had the most delicious meal. I know everyone thinks their dad does the best turkey and their mom does the best sweet yams and green bean casserole, but really--my parents know where it's at. It was delicious and this year, I'm grateful for supportive parents, a healthy brother after nose surgery, a very helpful and loving boyfriend, loyal friends and an education where I'm challenged daily. I feel blessed!

Also, this year I'm thankful that Christmas is exactly a month away. I've been waiting for the day after Thanksgiving to get into the Christmas spirit and here we are!

No Black Friday shopping for me, but putting up the tree, enjoying coffee with Christine and our moms, dinner date and Christmas cookie making with Patrick and games with friends. Did I mention I love being home? Here's some Christmas fun to get you in the mood...



thanks Mariah!

No comments: